Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dora... Why are you so wise?

This morning Dora the Explorer said, “Let’s stop and think.” while Maddy and I watched Season 1, episode 3. Haha *Side note, I like it how even children’s programs have seasons. Maddy has watched Season 1 over and over; I don’t think she has noticed that the plot isn’t thickening. *End side note. Dora’s words made me literally stop and think about the last time I’ve allowed myself to just wait a second before having verbal diarrhea. I thought back to this week and how I’ve been behaving towards my wonderful husband. Every time he has said something that doesn’t quite agree with me, I’ve just been so quick to snap back at him. If he were the one doing this to me, I would be so upset! I’ve had no patience with him and it just seems as though my tongue has a mind of its own. I know if I had a second to think about what I was going to say, 99.9% of things wouldn’t have come out of my mouth (the other 1% might have been granted…. Just sayin’).And, I don’t want to blame it on my lady bits having their monthly maintenance, but let’s face it; something DOES happen to us ladies when this event is going down, amen?  Amen! Regardless of what’s going on with me, I need to realize that other people reside in this world while I’m having PMS issues or other issues none-the-less. *Side, side note; How wonderful would it be if we could just go into a monthly hibernation for a couple of days while “things” happened. And somehow the Lady Part Fairy would come visit us and manicured our nails, died our hair and gave us a brow wax while we relaxed? We would come out of the hibernation not only looking stunning but having not lashed out at those around us! Solid! End side, side note. So thank you Dora for making me stop and think! Next time I have any human interaction I will pause before saying what I think to make sure it is something I want to make its way out of my mouth (Sorry Joelle, our rendezvous today might be filled with pauses). I hope my husband can forgive me and look forward to the new me! At least until I have lady part malfunction again and forget that I even wrote this post.….
And wait! Now that I’m “thinking” about this a little more I realize that, the stop and think method is not only for situations where I’m talking to someone. It’s for all those times that I feel wrapped up in the world and I have a problem of sorts. Giving a second of pondering will help me greatly, for it allows me to think of my options and weigh in consequences before just jumping the gun on any given situation. This world is on crack now-a-days, going by so fast with all of our High-speed internets, fastest 3G, 4G, 9M networks or whatever, and a hundred and one items to make living simpler. Just seems like we could use some time to think about what we are doing next rather than just doing. Today, I am going to take the time to consider what my words and actions will be and make sure that it’s what I want to put out there in this amazing crazy fast world of ours. I hope you are having an awesome-sauce day!
Stay blessed, stay saucy! 

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! I'm a verbal diarrhea person too and I can always use the reminder to slow down and be thoughtful with my words =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Sarah! :) yes I think we can all use some slowing down some. And I saw your blog, very cute!

    ReplyDelete