Friday, April 23, 2010

Sad? Mad?





Happy Friday to you all! I hope you’ve had one great week and you’ll have an even better weekend. J


These past two weeks have been quite the learning experience. Last week on Thursday I had an anxiety attack that scared the heebie jeebies out of me. I was pluggin away at my computer and all of the sudden I stared seeing spots and my heart felt like I had was Apolo Ohno having just finished the last lap in speed skating x’s 10.


I felt like I was going to pass out! Oh no, I’m fine I don’t need to go to the doctor, I thought. Well a little more time passed and I said oh yes, you better ask for help because you have another very important life depending on you. A friend took me to the doctor, turns out my body and the baby were completely fine. My mind had “tricked” me into feeling wretched and feeling like my body was about to give up on me. After being really stressed out at work for two weeks , my body finally did what my mind would not do for me. It made me STOP and realize that I’ve been doing things wrong. See all this time I kept thinking, got to think positively , got to just go with the flow and count my blessings and don’t complain. Just go, go , go…... Well guess what, sometimes when you are going through a stressful time it’s OKAY to allow yourself to FEEL angry, frustrated, downright pouty. The trick is to not get stuck in that negative emotion. Here’s my thought, why are we equipped with the ability to experience so many different emotions if it weren’t a healthy process? That is my struggle because I always want to be happy and positive. There comes a point where if the emotion your are experiencing is not what you are allowing your body to feel, there is going to be a sort of discombobulation. I’m not saying to be angry and curse the world all of time, because that’s just taking it too far, but do allow yourself to feel whatever emotion you are feeling and then move on quickly. Think of what you learned from it, chalk it up to experience and let’s go get an ice cream cone! I thank the world so much for all the challenges and learning experiences. That’s what being human is about, and I think I like it! Think about it. If we don’t allow ourselves to feel the downs how will we ever savor and appreciate the highs?


Have a great weekend ya’ll. Make it a good day, only YOU can! (unless today you just want to pout because that’s what you feel and then that’s okay too. ) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment