Friday, April 30, 2010

Your Inner Child





In light of mothers day approaching I got to thinking of what it was like to be a little kid. I thumb through my memory of being a child and find awesome tid bits of my history. Wowza, being a kid rocked!! Playing care free, not worried about bills, or responsibility; thinking you were the coolest cat in town because your parents just bought a tape player, oh yeah! Crying about the silliest things such as my brother teasing me because I had big teeth, you know every day stuff. I think of this and wonder, in what defining moment did I switch over to the non-existing innocence of being an adult? When did I start forgetting that sometimes you just need to play to feel alive? I’m so lucky to say that in spite of my days in adulthood, I still very much love being a big kid and I have the perfect side kick for it. My husband is amazing and caters to my inner child and lets her come out and play. We’ve been known to create obstacle courses in our home and draw up rules and regulations for the game and then play it until someone wins! We’ve made forts in our living room to watch movies and camped out in our back yard whilst making s ‘mores in our stove and running outside pretending we had a toasty fire. We make up songs to chant as we’re doing mundane things such as cooking to make it more fun and lighthearted. (tacos, tacos, tacos!!) I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t let my inner child come out and play from time to time, it frees my soul!


If you’ve never tried playing like a child as an adult, I highly suggest you try something out this weekend. You don’t have to start big , just a fun game of pretend would be fine, or play a (NICE) practical joke on someone you love. I guarantee that you’d have a blast and you’d find a way to keep coming back for that feeling. Don’t get stuck in the “adult” world of worries and this and that. Let your inner child come out and play a bit and you’d be surprised how rad it feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment